cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State of the documentation effort
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:42:40 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Reinhard
>
> This looks good - what still seems to be missing is an
> overall information structure - the "wood" and not the
> "trees" - for me, assessing the detail is much easier if
> I can see the big picture.  I also think it makes it easier
> to see if new pages eg. from the wiki, need to be added
> in to help complete the information structure.

Our goal is providing three types of documentation:

   - getting started infos
   - reference docs
   - tutorials (as suggested today)

The current state of our work is accesible through
http://brutus.apache.org/docs/build/cocoon-2-2/index.html. Tommorrow the legacy
tab will be filled with all 2.1 docs that have to be reviewed.

> [sidebar: it is suggested on the page :
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonDocumentationSystemHowTo
> that users should "add a note at the top of the page that
> you're working on moving it to our official documentation"
> how about allowing users to suggest pages that should be
> moved, and let the docs team decide if they need work on?
> Maybe try and have standard way of annotating this?]

maybe it would be more helpful to have a wiki page that links to all suggested
pages with a comment who is working on it and what's the current state.

WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc