cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Hibernate via Java, not Flow
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:40:40 GMT
Brent Johnson wrote:
> This is probably a simple question.  I've read the Wiki about using
> Hibernate and most of that uses Hibernate directly in Flow.  I'd rather
> not do that.  I've created some "Wrapper" type classes that are intended
> to be used from Flow, and they handle the hibernate sessions.  All they
> really do is return the POJO objects for display purposes in a
> JXTemplate.  When a save is done, the flow populates a POJO object based
> on data from the request, and a save() function is called in the wrapper
> which handles the saving.
I deeply recommend you not to use hibernate directly but put all your
data access code and service layer into spring framework. Then you
simply query spring context from servlet context, lookup appropriate
service bean and perform some actions.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl