cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Table with multiple rows in xsp:logic
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:17:45 GMT
Don't try to fake tags.  The beauty of XSP is that it guarantees wellformed output (if there
are no exceptions thrown).

Instead store the query result upfront in a List and then use a double nested loop:

<xsp:logic>
  for( int outer = 0; outer &lt; idList.length(); outer += 4 ) {
       <xsp:logic>
          for( int inner = 0; inner &lt; 4; inner++ ) {
             int index = outer+inner;
             String id = index &lt; idList.length() ? (String)idList.get(index) : "&160;";
                <xsp:expr>id</xsp:expr>
          }
       </xsp:logic>
  }

HTH, Alfred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Vindevogel [mailto:yves.vindevogel@implements.be]
Sent: Montag, 25. April 2005 21:32
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Table with multiple rows in xsp:logic

Hi,

What I want to do is pretty basic.
I have a loop in my results to show them inside a table
Every four columns, I want to start a new row.

How can I do this ?

The code below shows what I try to do, but does not work. (And it's not the == instead of
the modulo)
I'm just trying stuff in there.

<esql:row-results>
<xsp:logic>ct++ ;</xsp:logic>
<esql:get-string column="id"/>
</a>

<xsp:logic>
if (ct == 4)
{
<xsp:text disable-output-escaping="true">&lt;tr&gt;</xsp:text>
} ;
</xsp:logic>
</esql:row-results>

Met vriendelijke groeten,