cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter.Urba...@mediacenter.nl
Subject Re: Passing request headers
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:40:19 GMT

> Peter.Urbanus@mediacenter.nl wrote:
> >

> > Hi all
> >
> > Does anybody have any idea how you pass request headers to an
> > HtmlGenerator? Like accept-language and the authentication stuff?
> > I'm using <map:generate type="html" src="http://old-server/legacy.html"
/>
> > and it formats numbers and dates the American way. And it asks for
> > authentication.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peter Urbanus
>
> I remember I saw something similar in
> <http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/html-generator.html>
>
> HTH
> --
> Volkm@r

Thanks, Volkm@r.
Do you mean that you can have HtmlGenerator operate on a request attribute?
If i understand that correctly, that would mean you can read your html from
a POST request. That wouldn't help, because I want that html from the old
server. You know, send it a http request like

GET http://old-server/legacy.html HTTP/1.1
accept-language: nl, en-us
etc.

I browsed the source oif HtmlTransformer, and it also has a parameter
copy-parameters, but that wouldn't help me either, it just copies the
query-string at the end of the src attribute.

Or am I totally missing something?

Peter