cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State of the documentation effort
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:16:50 GMT
Le 12 avr. 05, à 19:44, Nicolas Maisonneuve a écrit :

> ...I would like to know the state of the documentation effort...

There's some info at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22NewDocuments,
including a "how can you help" section.

The existing 2.1 docs are being moved to a "legacy" tab in the new docs
(see http://brutus.apache.org/docs/build/cocoon-2-2/), from where they
will have to be reviewed to decide what to keep and how to organize
what is kept.

Just reorganizing the existing docs in an improved structure would be a
big improvement, as very often the information is here, only hard to
find with the current structure.

This is a process where many people can help, without necessarily
needing deep knowledge of Cocoon (and I'm sure specific questions would
get quick answers on the dev@ list).

Also, as explained in
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22NewDocumentsGeneration, one can now run
Forrest locally to see edits immediately, so working on the docs *is*
convenient.

So, there is progress even if its slow, and help is much welcome!

-Bertrand