cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scalability, Performance, Stability
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:46:29 GMT
Le 14 avr. 05, à 18:16, Brent Johnson a écrit :
> ...Sorry for the long babbling email, I'm just wondering what sort of
> experiences other Cocoon users have had rolling out similar
> applications or sites with Cocoon 2.x.  How is it with scalability,
> performance and stability?..

There are many examples of large-scale websites running on Cocoon, see
http://cocoon.apache.org/link/livesites-2.1.html (and this does not
include people who are not saying ;-)

You'll also find a list at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2004Gianugo,
excerpted from the the impressive success stories that we heard at the
2004 GetTogether.

http://www.vnunet.com/ is a good example of a big site which runs on
Cocoon (2.1.5 according to the HTTP headers), IIRC these guys are
serving 50 pages per second on average.

On a smaller scale, the nouvo.ch website, which I built on Cocoon last
year with a small team, has been running very reliably since last
September, serving content from a MySQL database mapped with OJB.

The last Cocoon restart there was in January after a software update.
It runs on Jetty with a very plain configuration. Actually I have to
duck every time I tell this: Cocoon runs there on the standard
cocoon.sh script, using a well-tuned apache HTTP front-end server of
course.

-Bertrand