cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Object list form ?
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 14:00:30 GMT
Il giorno 02/mag/05, alle 14:48, Sebastien Arbogast ha scritto:

> I'd like to display a form containing a list of items, each item
> corresponding to a value object I get from flowscript through Spring.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'list' here. Is it a drop-down listbox as
in the HTML <select> element?

> In other words I would like to :
> 1 - get the list of value object from Spring layer
> 2 - build my form model (of which I don't know the size 'a priori')
> 3 - populate my model with data from the value objects in the list
> 4 - display the form
>
> It's the dynamic model and the data binding aspects that make me
> uncomfortable above all.

Assuming your value objects are defined somewhat like:

public class Item {
   public String getKey();
   public String getValue();
}

Then your flowscript code should be liike:

var aList = getTheList(); // via Spring, returns a List of Item's
form.lookupWidget("theSelectField").setSelectionList(aList, "key",
"value");

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei