cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Repeater with links
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:34:38 GMT
Il giorno 28/giu/05, alle 09:15, Reinhard Poetz ha scritto:

> jx-macro is even more advanced than the FormsTransformer (Ajax, tree
> widget) but might have performance problems (I haven't tested it)
> caused by jx:set. This problem was eliminated in trunk
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
> cvs&m=111641612705437&w=2). As I don't use jx-macro with a 2.1
> installation  my itch to solve the problem in 2.1 wasn't strong
> enough.
>
> According to _my measurments_, in trunk the FormsTransformer is only
> about 0 - 4 % faster than jx-macro which isn't a reason to use the
> transformer because of its better performance any more.

I am using 2.1.8-dev but I hope this performance problem isn't going to
be a big issue, since my form is quite simple, even though the repeater
might have tens (or even hundreds) of rows. I might try to limit that
number if I run into performance issues.

Anyway, thanks for your tip, it was invaluable!

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/