cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Site icon display
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:55:28 GMT
Le 24 juin 05, à 12:45, Derek Hohls a écrit :

> ...Sorry - I have not a clue what you mean by:
> "publication-static/www/img/"  as a path?..

This is specific to the system where I took the example - it can of
course be different, as long as your sitemap matches it correctly.

In the end you should watch the requests done by the browser (after
emptying its cache) to retrieve the icon, and if you do the same
request with wget (or directly with the browser) it should work.

For example if you navigate to http://www.nouvo.ch with a browser you
see that one of the GET requests that it makes is for

   http://www.nouvo.ch/publication-static/www/img/favicon.png

And if you try to access this URL you get nouvo's icon. That's all
there is to it.

I'm not sure about the exact rules but AFAIK by default most browsers
look for a favicon at the root of the website, and with the <link> as
shown before you can tell the browser to use any icon. But you might
need to empty the browser's cache to reflect server-side or URL
changes.

-Bertrand