cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "lionel crine" <cr...@4dconcept.fr>
Subject Re: Exception handling in sitemap
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:49:58 GMT
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:26:18 +0200, Geert Josten wrote
> A more general remark perhaps:
>
>  From experience I have learned that Cocoon takes the error-handler
> of the pipeline in which the HTTP request is handled. When calling
> internal pipes (cocoon:), these don't use the error-handler of there
> own pipeline, but the outer one. Quite annoying sometimes. It forced
> me to do a new HTTP request to make sure that the internal request
> was handled with its own error-handler, on occasion.

well I'm a little bit lost but,

>From what I've seen, an XSP calling a (cocoon:/) pipeline can not get the
error from it so the handle error can not catch it --> confirming what you
said(if I understand well).

Moreover, in our project we wrote some XSP doing some reqest to ORACLE.
In order to get the exceptions (invalid datasource, ...), I've simply
surrounded the <esql:connection> tag with a (try ;catch (Exception)).

Lionel