cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: cocoon on websphere 5
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 04:48:48 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Flowscript in combination with a pooled database connection. In my case I maintain
reference to a Java object containing this connection as a global Flowscript variable. Note
that
these variables are stored in the cache between calls (to save memory), but this requires
all of
these object to be Searializable (or something). I curcomvented this problem by switching
of writing
cache to disk, but simply keeping it into memory. That should be a simple configuration in
web.xml
or cocoon.xconf.

HTH,
Geert

Tony Edwards wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> We found that running it without changing any of the settings would kill
> the flowscript applications.
> We use a simple, non-scalable db connection object with our application
> so I'm not sure of the implications of using  'proper' database
> connectivity.
>
> Tony
>
> Ben Anderson wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the tips.
>> I figured I'd try deploying first w/out changing any of the settings.
>> Everything seems to be working fine, except the db connection.  This
>> doesn't have anything to do with the classloader setting that were
>> mentioned, would it?
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>
>> On 5/19/05, Tony Edwards <tedwards@civica.com.au> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Ben,
>>> I got one of the tech heads here at work to get it running under WSAS 5.
>>> There are a few things to consider:
>>> Under the Enterprise Application's Configuration tab, make sure you set
>>> Classloader Mode to 'Parent First'.
>>> Under the Local Topology tab, select the cocoon.war item and make sure
>>> that the Classloader Mode is set to 'Parent Last'.
>>> Seems a bit contradictory and the second step may be redundant but this
>>> is how we've got it running here.
>>> Last thing to do is make a commons-logging.properties file in your
>>> WEB-INF/Classes folder and stick this in it:
>>> org.apache.commons.logging.Logfactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

>>> I don't know what this all means and it seems a darn sight more
>>> complicated than setting it up on Tomcat but once its going, its fine.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tony

=====================================
NB: het Daidalos kantoor is sinds 22 april
jl. gevestigd op een nieuw adres:

Daidalos BV
Hoekeindsehof 1 - 4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk
tel: +31 (0)10 850 12 00
fax: +31 (0)10 850 11 99

Bovenstaand adres is tevens het postadres.
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV

http://www.daidalos.nl/

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50