cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: integrate cocoon and ejb
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:38:35 GMT
Cocoon doesn't provide any "automatic" integration with EJBs.  There are
a couple of approaches:
1. Use flow (Flowscript or Javaflow).  You call your EJBs from the flow
and then pass the objects through the pipeline.
2. The old way - use actions.
3. Do something else. This is the approach we are currently using. We
wrote a generic "BusinessDelegate" component that is configured in
cocoon.xconf. A new instance of the BusinessDelegate is configured for
each method that can be called.  It returns a DataTransferObject as a
request attribute. We then have a "BeanGenerator" that uses Betwixt to
convert the DTO into SAX events.

We will probably convert to using flow (or possibly the faces block) to
access our EJBs in the future as performing decisions based upon data in
the DTO makes the sitemap cumbersome.

Ralph