cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: HELP!! integrating cocoon and tomcat. NEWBIE!!!
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:10:45 GMT
Hi Missterie,

If your jsp is already deployed in Tomcat and produces well-formed XML, then you can start
by just
consuming the XML from the jsp with Cocoon, applying the xsl-fo to it and converting that
to PDF.

The map:match from below needs only two adjustments for this:
- change the src of map:generate to the full http address of your jsp (localhost if you want
;)
- change the src of map:transform to point to your own xsl-fo stylesheet.

map:serialize type="fo2pdf" can be used to generate PDF, normaly utilizing Apache FOP for
this.
Creating Excel needs an other type of serializer, look at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/ under
User
docs for all available serializers..

Cheers,
Geert

Stavros Kounis wrote:

> can this snip help you a litle?
>
>         <map:match pattern="*.pdf">
>                <map:generate src="cocoon:/xml/{1}.xhtml"/>
>                <map:transform src="osml/print/page2fo.xsl"/>
> 	       <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
>         </map:match>
>
> On 6/24/05, missterie@gmail.com <missterie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I am using Tomcat's MySQL JDBC connection to connect to my database ,
>>and then displaying the pages using JSTL tags. So I already have my
>>data going to a webpage already..
>>
>>And now I would like to make it possible for users to export to pdf &
>>excel.  I already wrote an xsl-fo file that converts my .jsp pages and
>>it works. How do I embed it into my web application using cocoon?
>>
>>thanks
>>

>>On 6/23/05, Carlos M. S. Bento Nogueira <cmsbn@student.dei.uc.pt> wrote:
>>
>>>Hey there! What exactly do you want to do?
>>>I can think in a couple of ways to achieve what you want.
>>>Here are some questions you should answer or think about first:
>>>
>>>- Where is the data coming from(postgresql,oracle,mysql,xml data...)
>>>
>>>- what connection to it are you using or want to use (jdbc/ldap/jndi ??)
>>>
>>>- where should result data go: a webpage, a webfile, a webpage that points
>>>to a certain set of webfiles, a database...?
>>>
>>>First of all clarify your mind on these questions and then go to
>>>http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
>>>and check the info.
>>>
>>>Here are some other usefull pointers, i'm using:
>>>
>>>To search de mailing list:(Always search before posting a question.)
>>>http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/
>>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2
>>>http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users%40xml.apache.org/
>>>
>>>Wikis and other tutorials
>>>http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/
>>>http://www.planetcocoon.com/
>>>
>>>There is also an #cocoon irc channel on irc.freenode.net
>>>
>>>Good luck,
>>>CarlosN.
>>>
>>>ps: wikis are great but beware of cocoon version they refer to.

>>>--

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Bleiswijk (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)10-850 12 00
fax:+31-(0)10-850 11 99

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50