cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wirz <michael.w...@abs.de>
Subject Classpath Issues (NoClassDefFoundException)
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:36:44 GMT
Hello Cocoon Users List,

I am using cocoon 2.1.5.1, tomcat 5.5.4, running with jdk1.5.
To get things going I put all the jars I need for my webapp
to the directory WEB-INF/lib. Everything works fine.

But: Now it is cleanup-time, I don't really like the confusing flat
organization of jar files. So I sorted them into subdirectories of
WEB-INF/lib.

I "told" cocoon of my changes, i.e. where to finds the classes,
in WEB-INF/web.xml:

Trying relative paths:
    <init-param>
      <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>

<param-value>WEB-INF/properties:WEB-INF/lib/app/jdoAbsDB.jar</param-value>
    </init-param>

Trying absolute paths
    <init-param>
      <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>

<param-value>/opt/framework/application_0/WEB-INF/properties:/opt/framework/application_0/WEB-INF/lib/app/jdoAbsDB.jar</param-value>
    </init-param>

Neither did not work, complaining about missing classes (which are
enclosed in the jar given).
Both relative and in particular the absolute path is correct.

What am I doing wrong?
Is this the right place to adjust cocoons classpath (I read so in the
docs and former postings)?

I really appreciate any hint on that topic,
thank you,
Michael Wirz

--
abs IT Service GmbH