cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Repeater with links
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:15:22 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Il giorno 27/giu/05, alle 16:09, Reinhard Poetz ha scritto:
>
>> You have to use the cforms macro library to get the id:

>> <jx:import
>> uri="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml"/>
>

> In this case, I should not be using the FormsTransformer, right? Are
> there any limitations/caveats with the macros WRT the FormsTransformer?

jx-macro is even more advanced than the FormsTransformer (Ajax, tree widget) but
might have performance problems (I haven't tested it) caused by jx:set. This
problem was eliminated in trunk
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=111641612705437&w=2). As I
don't use jx-macro with a 2.1 installation  my itch to solve the problem in 2.1
wasn't strong enough.

According to _my measurments_, in trunk the FormsTransformer is only about 0 - 4
% faster than jx-macro which isn't a reason to use the transformer because of
its better performance any more.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc