cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: File generator resolves to root context with empty src attribute
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:09:01 GMT
The problem is that the source does exist (the sitemap directory is a valid File object). But
agree that a test for an empty src attribute is easy enough...

Cheers,
Geert

Tim Williams wrote:

> When passing an empty string/null value to a file generator's "src"
> attribute, it seems to resolve to the root context (sitemap
> directory).
>
> For example,
> <map:match pattern="**tab-*.html">
>   <map:select type="exists">
>     <map:when test="{project:content.xdocs}tabs.xml">
>          <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}tabs.xml"/>
>     </map:when>
>     <map:otherwise>
>        <map:generate src="{lm:tabs.xml}"/>
>     </map:otherwise>
>   </map:select>
>
> In the above snippet, {lm:tabs.xml} returns null but the generator
> resolves to (on my box) "C:\src\apache-forrest-lm\main\webapp" which
> throws an Access Denied exception.  What I would have expected is a
> SourceNotFoundException because, after all, an empty source couldn't
> be found.  Is this behavior intentional? a bug?
>
> Thanks,
> --tim

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Bleiswijk (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)10-850 12 00
fax:+31-(0)10-850 11 99

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50