cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject resolving w3c XHTML entities?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:48:25 GMT
I'm trying to use

	WEB-INF/entities/w3c/xhtml-special.ent
	WEB-INF/entities/w3c/xhtml-lat1.ent

My doctype looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE stylesheet
[
  <!ENTITY % HTMLSpecial PUBLIC
    "-//W3C//ENTITIES Special for XHTML//EN"
    "xhtml-special.ent">
  %ISOnum;
  <!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC
    "-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin 1 for XHTML//EN"
    "xhtml-lat1.ent">
  %ISOpub;
]>

The entities aren't getting picked up.  I also tried (first) with e.g.
"w3c/xhtml-special.ent", and that didn't work either.

I must confess that I've never really understood entity catalogs and
this stuff in the DTDs at all!  I've read explanations of it and they
all seem to just bounce right off of my brain for some reason.  It
can't be that complicated, there just must be some impedance mismatch
between the explanations and my brain.  So anyway... this stuff is all
voodoo to me, and I've tried the voodoo that I thought would work and
it didn't :-/  Any ideas? :-)

Thx!
—ml—