cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wojciech Biela <ilf...@gmail.com>
Subject CHS in Cocoon Portal
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:23:48 GMT
Anyone tried using the CHS in Portal ?

We're building an eshop spike, our development is based on the CHS
sample, we're doing authentication with CoWarp, as for now things go
nice, but then again we're not that far away from the start ;)

I'm wondering whether to try to use the Portal stuff do the eshop
(after we successfully do the spike), particularly use coplets to
arrange the context side view (basket, logged user info, breadcrumb
trail, special offers, etc) and current main view (list of categories,
items, etc).

My question is whether or not I should expect some unusual problems on
the way (as opposed to usual problems ;) )? I expect every coplet to
be able to fetch the logged user information, role etc; what about
their spring contexts? will it be shared or will every one of them
have it's own?

if some of this is obvious, please pardon me, I've never married
cocoon with spring before. And to tell the truth I'm not very good at
the latest Cocoon cool features (flow, cforms), since I had a long
pause with Cocoon.

TIA for any hints

best regards,
--