cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ric Turley <...@sktdalton.net>
Subject Install help...
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:42:27 GMT
I am new to Cocoon and relatively new to Java.  I have tried to install
Cocoon on my Mac several times with different configurations to no avail;
OSX Panther, OSX Panther Server and OSX Tiger all error during the build and
I haven't been able to understand the error from the docs.

I did get the Lenya.war up and running; the docs say I need to understand
Cocoon to do much with it. I've had limited success merging Lenya and Cocoon
source directories which makes me want to play with Cocoon even more - it is
awesome technology and the best web site development available. Now, if I
can only install it.

The error is:

/Downloads/cocoon-2.1.7/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/multipart/Multipa
rtHttpServletRequest.java:41:
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.multipart.MultipartHttpServletRequest is not
abstract and does not override abstract method getLocalPort() in
javax.servlet.ServletRequest

The javadoc for javax.servlet.ServletRequest doesn't show a public method
getLocalPort() and I am not good enough with Java to understand how to
resolve this issue.  Any help, tips or encouragement would be greatly
appreciated.

Ric Turley