cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: TDD with Cocoon?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:24:29 GMT
Hi Berin, Wojciech,

Just a short "me too" post to let you know that you are not alone :)

I've reach pretty much the same conclusion viz-a-viz flowscript.  I'm
tempted to use JavaFlow, primarily for its testability, but am hesistant to
use "experimental" technology in production code.

Wojciecha,

Could you provide a pointer to this "Excalibur Test Suite" that you
mentioned?

Thanx,
Ian

"what if the terrorists' base of operation turns out to be Detroit? Would
we declare war on the state of Michigan? I suppose we'd have to."
-- Senator John S. McCain
US Vows to Defeat Whoever It Is We're At War With

Ian D. Stewart
Open Systems Engineer II, DCS Automation
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      Wojciech Biela

                      <ilfrin@gmail.com        To:       users@cocoon.apache.org

                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: TDD with Cocoon?

                      06/23/2005 10:13

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      users

On 6/23/05, Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@d-haven.org> wrote:
> Coming from a TDD background, I want to extend that into developing with
> Cocoon.  The only problem is that I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

not long ago I asked the a similar question on this list, but sadly
didn't get much helpful tips, guess TDD's not common for the Cocoon
community .. or the ones that do it have no time to answer .. :) (if
they do, I would be very encouraging if they wrote something, or at
least told us we're "you're not alone").

AFAIC the java components can be TDD'ed normally using the excalibur
testcases etc,

my main concerns we're about flowscript and it's testability at unit
level. The answer I on the list was using JavaFlow, but I was afraid
to use it as it was still unstable (though I know Bertrand said it's
stable already - if it's stable why to people insist on using
flowscript which is a whole lot more error prone),

for testing the glue that binds everything together there was a
project called CoUnit, presented at the GT2004, but at the
presentation time it was still very much user construction, and I
haven't heard since of any major steps forward, it is supposed to test
the sitemap pipelines statically (through XSLT)

hope that helps you get the idea of how things are, I'd be happy to
hear I'm wrong or my info is out of date

If you or anybody else comes up with any bright ideas in this field,
don't forget to report it to this list.

I'd also be willing to do something to help the subject, just don't
have any ideas right now.

--
Wojtek Biela
www.exorigo.pl