cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Arbogast <sebastien.arbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.7 and XML-RPC. Handle client requests through cocoon.
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:36:25 GMT
2005/6/28, Dennis Riedel <dennis_riedel@web.de>:
> Hello
> I am just investigation wether it is possible to make cocoon work as an
> xml-rpc server with the xml-rpc.jar included in the cocoon dist. Using
> HTTP cocoon should be able to identify a pipeline and give it right to
> the xml-rpc server (perhaps streamgenerator can get the xml from the
> HTTP Body).
>
> Has anyone some ideas or experience in that and can give me some
> examples or links I can follow up?

It has been the subject of a recent discussion originated by Jan
Hinzmann's proposal in http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WebServiceServer.
Since then I've managed to automate much more in the process by using
axis API's. So I don't know about xmlrpc package but with axis and a
StreamGenerator I manage to obtain something interesting and generic.
I'll update the wiki page now to demonstrate what I achieved. Keep an
eye on it.

--
S├ębastien Arbogast

WebCV : http://www.sebastien-arbogast.com