cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Arbogast <sebastien.arbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on Axis Block
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:25:41 GMT
2005/6/29, Stefan Podkowinski <spodxx@gmail.com>:
> Hi Cocoon Users
>
> Could someone answer me some questions on the axis block who has
> probably some experience with it?
>
> I had a closer look on it as I needed to implement some web services
> to be served by my cocoon app.
>
> The block has very little documentation so I had to study the source
> directly. But even after thinking about it over and over again I could
> gasp the concept of this block. "Why is it there?"
>
> * Whats the point in using the RPC Reader from the Axis block instead
> of using the Axis Servlet directly
> * Does a reader that does also send a direct response to the peer fit
> into the cocoon concept of cocoons component pipelines?
> * How can I deploy my services using the axis block? Do I need to
> configure it in cocoon.xconf?
>
> Another problem that stroke me with the axis block was that apparently
> it is not possible to bind a services to a url endpoint. The samples
> did only specify "rpcrouter" as the endpoint which leaves the question
> open how the "router" would recognize which service I intend to
> consume. I found out that the router will get this information from
> the http header. So I checked the specs and found out that this is
> only optional (and http transport specific) and services are supposed
> to be found by their url endpoint. So I'm even more confused..

Apparently the WebServiceServer feature begins to be a source of
interest. Maybe it will trigger a new move to improve and specify
that. Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WebServiceServer ,
it's likely to answer your questions.
>From what I was told before trying to make that, the Axis block just
provides a WebService proxy for Cocoon to consume WebServices.
In the wiki page, I've tried to integrate Axis possibiliities as much
as I could but I'm sure it could be improved by using Axis handlers.
The problem is that I don't know how to do that.
But for now that code works and I think it's generic enough to fit
most of the situations.

--
S├ębastien Arbogast

WebCV : http://www.sebastien-arbogast.com