cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Classpath Issues (NoClassDefFoundException)
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:37:57 GMT
On 2005-06-27 09:36:44 -0700, Michael Wirz <michael.wirz@abs.de> said:

> Hello Cocoon Users List,
>
> I am using cocoon 2.1.5.1, tomcat 5.5.4, running with jdk1.5.
> To get things going I put all the jars I need for my webapp
> to the directory WEB-INF/lib. Everything works fine.
>
> But: Now it is cleanup-time, I don't really like the confusing flat
> organization of jar files. So I sorted them into subdirectories of
> WEB-INF/lib.
>
> <snip..>

My advice: put it back like it was when "everything worked fine" :-),
turn around and walk away.  "Cleaning up" the jar repository really
sounds like 'gold plating' to me... it's just not something anyone
looks at often enough to bother with.  Just my $.02 :-)

> What am I doing wrong?
> Is this the right place to adjust cocoons classpath (I read so in the
> docs and former postings)?

I've read some other posts where people were having trouble w/
extra-classpath, where it seemed to be being ignored.  If you really
want to run this down, I suggest setting your core debug level to
DEBUG.  The code that deals with this produces a fair amount of debug
messages, so that might help you figure out if you're doing something
wrong, or to file a decent bug report (i.e. on Bugzilla — it appears
nobody has done so).

Good luck,
—ml—