cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Re: Duplicate namespace in SQL transformer
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:10:32 GMT
Yes, I have.
If I don't put it on the execute-query part, it is not transformed.

My problem is this:

I have an XML file containing the query and the layout.
I must include this query in my pipeline somewhere.

I started out with XSP, to run it from there, but the query was defined
on the database with a view.
That causes some problems (indexing, sorting in views) so I must run
the query not on the database.
However, my XSP is a bit complicated.  I do not want to copy all my XSP
code into every page.
In case of a code change, I have to much work.  Therefore, I was going
to use the Transformer.
But that gives me the problem above.

Second problem I have is how to declare the connection to use
The link is something like this   myreport.xsp?dbase=thisDatabase
My connection is then   thisDatabase where for another client that name
is different.
I was able to do that in XSP, because the connection is declared there,
but in my transformer it's declared in the sitemap.

That's why I asked about the Document() function too.  I could write my
single XSP file, and read the query from another file.
Maybe I could do this with an cocoon:mypage.xsp type of source ?