cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: HELP!! integrating cocoon and tomcat. NEWBIE!!!
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:10:35 GMT
Best place to start is the Cocoon samples - you can see actual
working (!) code and then start to "tweak" them to adapt to your
needs - as always, start simple and build incrementally - some
samples may look trivial, e.g. the "hello world"
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/hello-world/  shows
basic examples for PDF and XLS generation, but at least they are
more understandable that way... if you get to more specific, more
complex questions that cannot be answered by looking at code
and/or reading the docs... then this is the forum to ask them in.

As another poster often says - the more specific the question,
the more likely someone can help!

PS welcome to the world of cocoon - its uphill at first, but the
views are great from the top!!

>>> missterie@gmail.com 2005/06/23 10:07:18 PM >>>
I installed cocoon 2.1 on Tomcat 5. Its working and
I just went through the sample. However, am still very confused
as to how to integrate this with my web projects.

I need make it possible for users to export data on the fly to EXCEL and PDF.
Am guessing I have to somehow write a pipeline that picks the
URL and request parameters and transform the particular user data on the page
to customer's desired format.
Can someone please direct me on how to begin or are there any articles out there
that can assist me further with this project.?

thanks