cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Directory includes
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:33:08 GMT
Hmm - I could never get this approach to work... and I think
the  DirectoryGenerator / CInclude approach might be more
flexible.  Your choice!

>>> Yjanet@dsmdir.cea.fr 2005/06/28 10:22:01 AM >>>
Thanks, it seems to fit to my needs.

Yvan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Askild Aaberg Olsen [mailto:askild@xangeli.com]
Envoyé : mardi 28 juin 2005 10:18
À : users@cocoon.apache.org
Objet : Re: Directory includes

Janet Yvan wrote:

>I have a directory which contains many XML files which contain each one
>element of the newsboard I want to display. So I need to do something like
><map:generate type="file" src="/my_directory/*.xml" element="my_element"/>
>
>One told me this would'nt work neither would <map:generate type="directory"
>src="/my_directory/"/> which would only returns a file listing. What I need
>is the whole content of the files, not only some pieces of information,
just
>as if I did something like what follows but without specifying any of the
>filenames which may evolve from time to time, depending on submissions...
><map:aggregate element="my_element">
> <map:part src="/my_directory/file1.xml"/>
> <map:part src="/my_directory/file2.xml"/>
> <map:part src="/my_directory/fileN.xml"/>
></map:aggregate>

Seems like the XPathDirectoryGenerator is the thing for you:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/xpathdirectory-generator.ht
ml

Another solution would be to use a combination of the DirectoryGenerator
and CInclude, but based on your usecase the XPathDirectoryGenerator
seems right.

Askild
-