cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xforming into anything readable by MS Word
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:58:00 GMT
Le 19 sept. 05, à 22:21, Ross Gardler a écrit :
> ...Take a look at the JFor block - gives RTF which is supported by
> word.
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/jfor/
> welcome

Note that newer versions of Word do a good job of importing HTML,
depending on you app it might be easier to generate (tweaked) HTML for
importing into Word.

There's also the WordML format, which is XML, but to me it looks more
than a dump of the app's internal data structures than a properly
designed XML format, it's not very easy to understand or generate.

I'd probably go for HTML today, tweaking it so that Word imports it
well.

-Bertrand