cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Schmidt <philipp.schm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CForms - different views of the same widget
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:01:07 GMT
Hi,

I have a similar problem.

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Jason Johnston wrote:
>> Derek Hohls wrote:
>> > Is it possible to set up the binding and display for a widget so that
>> > it is styled differently depending on whether or not a value was set
>> > for it *prior* to displaying the form?
>> >
>> > I would like to use this approach for a field containing a database
>> > field index value - if its blank when the form is displayed, the user
>> > must be able to fill it in (and *must* in fact fill it in);
>>
>> This just means that every field in the form is required="true", right?

Is there a way to achieve this with javascript or a fb:custom binding?

I have a bean that looks like this:

class RepeaterRow {
	boolean required;
	String label;
	String data;
	[...]
}

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can bind "required" and "label" to my
widget.
What's the *right* way to do this or is this not possible with cforms?

> That's exactly what I was about to propose: changing the widget's state
> on value change is what you're looking for!

This doesn't make sure that the user fills in some data :-(

Philipp