cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Merico Raffaele <raffaele.mer...@less.ch>
Subject AW: AW: Web Service Proxy Generator
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 07:41:09 GMT
Ciao Bertrand, ciao Upayavira

After studying and changing the code of the WebServiceProxyGenerator I have
discovered that the Set-Cookie application is handled correctly by the
underlying Jakarta HttpClient 2.0.2 according to RFC 2109.

The problem I had was caused by the MSIE 6.0 that does not accepts the
Set-Cookie header if the response contains just XML. Therefore on every HTTP
request a new session was created. And since the WebServiceProxyGenerator
stores its HttpClient in the session he could not reuse the HttpClient that
correctly handled the initial Set-Cookie of the requested
Web-Service-Server.

1) The solution for the MSIE is, that you have initially request a HTML page
(to accept the Set-Cookie of the Coocon application) and then go on with any
WebServiceProxyGenerators.

2) Anyway I learned a lot about Java and Cocoon and - that the Firefox does
not has this problem. Firefox remembers a cookie (Set-Cookie:) independent
of the response.

Hope this helps.
Many thanks for your support ... Raffaele