cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: AW: ö -> ö
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:09:44 GMT
On 15.12.2005 10:37, Merico Raffaele wrote:

> After the HTML serialization I
> always get the utf-8 encoding '%C3%B6' for the 'ö'. And this is not handled
> correctly by the subsequent <map:generate type="request"/>.

AFAIR this behaviour is absolutely correct. This why you should never
build GET-URLs by hand. I only works if your document encodin is also
UTF-8 and so the subsequent request is read as UTF-8.

This means either switching your serializer and your form-encoding to
UFT-8 or avoiding no US-ASCII characters in your hand-built URLs or
avoid hand-built URLs completely, e.g. by using hidden forms.

Jörg