cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tero Vaananen <tero.vaana...@gmail.com>
Subject Event driven publishing
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 15:37:07 GMT
I am evaluating various technologies to achieve event driven web
publishing, and Cocoon is one of candidates.

Let me explain what I mean.

I have a message queue that recieves events in XML from various
sources (databases, other queues etc.). This queue would be hooked up
to a publishing system that publishes html pages based on the
information that arrives.

For example, I have a database, and a change is made to it. A trigger
is run in the DB and the changed data is posted to the queue as XML.
This information is located on various pages on the web site and I
have to trigger publishing for all those pages or page fragments that
will show this updated data.

Can Cocoon handle most of the publishing work? Are there mechanisms to
trigger a group of page updates based on the changes in the XML? What
needs to be added if there is no support out of the box?

Thanks.