cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: How to use LDAP Transformer ?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:23:42 GMT
Hello, think you mean something like:

<map:generate src="ldapinfo.xml"/>
<map:transform type="ldap"/>

where your ldapinfo.xml looks something like:

<ldap:execute-query xmlns:ldap="http://apache.org/cocoon/LDAP/1.0">
  <ldap:version>3</ldap:version>
  <ldap:serverurl>ldap://</ldap:serverurl> <!-- your ldap server -->
  <ldap:port>389</ldap:port>
  <ldap:scope>SUBTREE_SCOPE</ldap:scope> <!-- with this scope, it tries to
find matches also in ldap subtrees -->
  <ldap:searchbase>${cocoon.parameters.ldap_searchbase}</ldap:searchbase>
  <ldap:filter>(sAMAccountName=ramanavi)</ldap:filter> <!-- ramanvi = ldap
accountname -->
  <ldap:attribute>name</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>sn</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>mail</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>distinguishedName</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>lastLogon</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>sAMAccountName</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>mailNickname</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>profilePath</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>givenName</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>fullName</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>l</ldap:attribute>
  <ldap:attribute>telephoneNumber</ldap:attribute>
</ldap:execute-query>

Hope this helps, regards

AS

Hello,

I'm relatively new to using Cocoon. I feel the information provided about LDAP Transformer
on Cocoon Website is not sufficient.  I want to carry out LDAP

authentication inside Cocoon. How can I use LDAP Transformer for this purpose ? Could you
please suggest any better way of achieving this ?

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7 alongwith JDK 1.4.2_08.

I would really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Rahul Anand Manavi
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: rahul.manavi@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments. Thank you