cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Field not binding.
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:10:29 GMT

Simone Gianni wrote:

> Hi Kamal,
> I can't see anything wrong with your binding, except
> "<fb:identity><fbvalue id="position" path="position"/></fb:identity>"

> where fdvalue should be fb:value, but this would prevent your repeater
> from binding correctly also all other fields in the repeater, so I
> think this is a typo in your mail rather than in your form.
>
> Try to set it required=true, this will cut your problem : if the form
> returns a validation error, then the form is not receiving the value,
> so maybe the problem is in the HTML/XSL or somewhere else after the
> form itself, while if it does not return a validation error, then the
> forms receives the value, so the problem is in the binding/bean.

I tried this, validation works correctly, so the problem is with the
binding.

> Another suggestion could be to run cocoon in debug mode, connect to it
> with your IDE, and place a breakpoint both in
> Information.getChannelInfo and Information.setChannelInfo to see if
> they are called and if the proper values are passed. This will again
> cut your problem, if setter is called correctly then the problem is
> not in binding, if it's not called then it is in binding.

I don't have easy access to an IDE so I used log4j and logged it that
way. The log statements are never called (I am pretty sure I am using
the logger correctly as I am logging a field I know is working.)

I have also tried renaming the field (twice). I am using an OJB mapping,
but I have saved the data to the bean without saving to the database and
my log messages for channel remain uncalled. Curious thing about the OJB
though is that even that doesn't trigger the log messages, which leads
me to conclude that the problem with the whatever mechanism is used to
guess the get/set routines.

Here are the interfaces for my get/set routines:

public int getChannelInfo() {...}
public void setChannelInfo(int inChannelInfo) {...}

and the attribute:

private int mChannelInfo;

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Kamal Bhatt

--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole
use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,