cocoon-users mailing list archives

From werner <wer...@gefi.at>
Subject Re: CFORM: repeater with paging support
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:58:15 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:

> Hi Werner,
> there is already a patch for this on jira, see
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1220 . Sylvain didn't
> include it because something was missing (see comments on the issue).
> Maybe you should try this patch, then report your feedback either here
> or on the issue directly, and we could work to consolidate it, since I
> also need something similar.

I have seen this patch before, but I was afraid of using it so far. The
code does not look bad, so I think I'll give it a try. I don't know why
Sylvain think's that it still needs some work, but maybe I'll find out
(I have to check the mailing list about this 'validation errors
bubbling' issue).

> I'm currently using a repeater, followed by a FilterTransformer, but
> this fetches all the rows from the database (Hibernate) at once, and
> since the entire repeater is generated also lazy relations are quite
> useless : all relations are evaluated as well.

Well, I would like to use the repeater for really large tables (>1000
records), so I can't materialize the whole table. I don't have so much
RAM :-)

Werner