cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject LazyInitializationException in Cocoon Portal
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:56:49 GMT
Dear List,

I have an application based on Cocoon, Hibernate and Spring Framework which
I have been running successfully for several months.  I recently started
looking into migrating this over to Cocoon Portal.  Now when I access a
Coplet which initializes its view from data retrieved using Hibernate, I
get the following exception:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.5
/webapps/cocoon/sarc/views/security.xml:30:44:org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException:
 could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed

I searched through the archives at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com but didn't
see anything similiar.  Is this something that others have run into?

Thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not