cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew <andrewm...@gmail.com>
Subject Xhtml and Ajax...no go!!
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:20:39 GMT
Hi,
can someone please tell me why when setting ajax="true" in my CForm and
serializing the document as xhtml (Strict) the following line in the xhtml
output should break the page?:

<!DOCTYPE page PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

<form action="updateAccounts.kont" ajax="true" name="Form1"
method="POST" dojoType="CFormsForm">
<script type="text/javascript">cocoon.forms.ajax = true;</script>

What is it about the script line that xhtml does not like? My ajax map is:

				<map:select type="ajax-request">
				  <map:when test="true">
				    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
				  </map:when>
				  <map:otherwise>
				    <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
				  </map:otherwise>
				</map:select>

If I change the forms-styling-*.xsl document to an indclude js file.
<script src="" />, which contains that one line of js,
the page loads correctly but a js error is generated saying that
'cocoon' is undefined. At this point, of course, no ajax works
and what you are left with on submitting a page is a full page reload!!

Any ideas anyone?

regards

Andrew