cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Geert Josten" <geert.jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject RE: RE: RE: Cannot get JSPReader/JSPGenerator to work
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:52:35 GMT
More news on this matter:

When running in Tomcat context and you have trouble getting the JSP's to
work, you can let Tomcat take care of it, though this will have
limitations as Cocoon is simply being bypassed.

Remove the servlet-mapping for *.jsp from Cocoons web.xml to enable
this. The implications are:
 - url MUST end with *.jsp
 - url MUST translate to physical path
 - You cannot use pseudo-protocols of Cocoon to access other resources
 - Access to Cocoon from within the servlet page is either through Java
environment (at least, I believe it is possible), or through the HTTP
stack by making a new HTTP request.

Perhaps someone with a debugging environment for Cocoon (in Tomcat)
could trace where exactly things go wrong. The ant system, which tries
to compile the JSP chokes on spaces in paths. Perhaps the problem lies
in the ant library, that would make is more difficult to solve.

This does makes me wonder if installing tomcat in a path with no spaces
would get things working. Might be worth investigating.. ;-)

Kind regards,
Geert