cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: use-request-parameters with checkboxes
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:56:42 GMT
Hi Peter,

splitting values based on #'s isn't the best solution imho. I guess that you could use the
request generator for your purpose. It should give you the values based on the uri you provide.

Regards,

Reijn

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Flynn [mailto:pflynn@ucc.ie]
Posted At: maandag 2 oktober 2006 16:48
Posted To: Cocoon User List
Conversation: use-request-parameters with checkboxes
Subject: use-request-parameters with checkboxes

I'm trying to handle form data from a plain HTML form which is normally
(outside Cocoon) returned in the format

http://foo.bar/cgi-bin?field=value&stuff=abc#def#ghi&more=bar

where the values of selected checkboxes are concatenated with # to
separate the values.

If I change the action attribute of the form element to point to my
Cocoon (using a URI defined in my sitemap.xmap with
use-request-parameters), it appears that Cocoon silently munges these
into the format

http://foo.bar/cgi-bin?field=value&stuff=abc&stuff=def&stuff=ghi&more=bar

This makes the data unusable, as the XSLT receives only one value for
the parameter stuff (the first) and drops the othes on the floor.

Is there a switch which will make the request parameters behave normally?

///Peter