cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paritosh Patel" <xygnu...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot get JSPReader/JSPGenerator to work
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 19:26:41 GMT
I am new to Cocoon (BTW, and its very cool) and am trying to get Cocoon to
handle a JSP page to be processed... but it does not work.

(My setup is running Cocoon 2.1.9 under Tomcat 5)

First, I tried the JSP block welcome page and it also does not work for me.
The IE browser window shows empty and the "View Source" results in only the
following:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Looking at the "WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/..." the JSPReader and
JSPGenerator classes are not present. There is a 'cocoon-jsp-block.jar'
under WEB-INF/lib, though.  I do not know when Cocoon would go to this Jar
file instead of the classes dir. Is there a problem in my setup?

Finally, I modified the build's local.block.properties file to make sure
that the jsp block is included... This resulted in the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

The end goal I am trying to get to is for Cocoon to use the Tomcat JSP
engine... Is that unreasonable?

- pdp