cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject JX and sendmail transformer
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:10:33 GMT
Hi,

I need to access one object in a JX generated response which is
requested for by email:body using the src attribute. I have stored this
object in the current session in flow using
cocoon.session.setAttribute("object-name", object). The flowscript then
subsequently passes the control to the sitemap to generate an email that
needs certain information extracted from this object. The email
transformer encounters something similar as the following

   <email:sendmail>
     <email:body src="http://my-server/cocoon/something" />
   </email:sendmail>

The 'something' is matched in the sitemap by the JX generator which
processes a file containing a line like
${cocoon.session.getAttribute('object-name').getFoo()} where foo is the
property that is needed in the email message. I am using the src
attribute since I want to generate an HTML-based email message.

This all works fine (the whole process from begin to end ultimately
results in an email correctly delivered), except that I am not able to
access this property foo (the method getFoo() on the object does
certainly exist). All calls of the form
${cocoon.session.getAttribute('object-name').getFoo()} result in nothing.

Is my line of thought correct? Or is there another/better way. I could
do something like

<email:body src="http://my-server/cocoon/something?foo=value

but 'value' contains spaces, so this would not work very well.

Any help is appreciated,
Andre