cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Pass parameters to a generator
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:14:28 GMT

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to give parameters to a directory generator ?
> and how to ?
>
> Imagine, cocoon receive a httprequest with post data,
> first, we transform the data included in th request
>
> <map:generate type="stream">
> 	<map:parameter name="form-name" value="requestData"/>
> </map:generate>
>
> Then transform it to have better meta-data
>
> <map:transform src="stylesheets/request2meta.xsl"/>
>
> Then i 'd like to read the content of the directory pointed
> by meta-data

If I understand correctly, you know what parameters to expect in the post? Why do all the
stuff above, if you can use request-param input module? If you have to do much logic with
the parameters, then the easiest way, is to implement your own input module, that just does
all the logic and returns the thing you want:

<map:parameter type="directory" src="{meta:directory}"/>, and add to cocoon.xconf a
meta input-module that does the trick. Look at other input modules, it is really simple.

Regards Ard