cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "(Berry) A.W. van Halderen" <b.vanhalde...@hippo.nl>
Subject Performance problems with cocoon 2.1.10
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:54:28 GMT
Dear all,

We are working to upgrade to Cocoon 2.1.10 for one of our software packages to
make use of all the improvements in 2.1.10.  However we hit a major bummer,
the performance collapsed when migrating from 2.1.8 to 2.1.10.  Now basically
we needed to make no modifications to our software to use 2.1.10 apart from
updating dependencies.
We think therefor that the bad performance comes from some way we use a Cocoon
component which has undergone some major change.

We're still in the process of profiling, but any pointers on which items to
consider especially would be very helpful.  We basically see that requests
which would normally take 10ths to 100thms of microseconds now takes seconds
upto a minut to execute, where the processor is fully used.

The only hint so far is that I see the application spending a lot of time
in loading FOM JavaScript, and not even that much time in executing them.
But I'm not even too sure about that part.

Thnx,
\Berry
--
Berry A.W. van Halderen           b.vanhalderen@hippo.nl / berry@halderen.net
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion