cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap/status of 2.2
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:43:19 GMT
Armaz Mellati napisaƂ(a):
> Hi
>

> I wonder what is the general status of cocoon 2.2? When can I hope to be able to build
2.2 and have same kind of samples as in 2.1
> working? Sometime this year? Or is it too optimistic?
>
> And thanks for the great job everybody has done so long.

Current status is that most major refactorings are don (from my point of
view), also there has been discussion about releasing next milestone
really soon.
C2.2 can be built and many samples work all the time! Or at least, for
about two months. It's just little bit hard for someone used with 2.1 to
change habits.
Basically that are instructions:
1. Get c2.2 and install into your maven's local repository:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g4/g1/g1/798.html
(you don't need all blocks option)
2. goto core/cocoon-webapp and type:
mvn package jetty:run

Point your browser to http://localhost:8888/ you should see some working
samples. You see not all working stuff because not everything was
built/mounted.

I would like to advertise the new exciting stuff from Daniel that I try
to use in some blocks. There is help with Dojo needed, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1991 for details. If you
feel that you could help with this particular Dojo issue, join please. I
would be happy to introduce you into 2.2 stuff.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski