cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get Avalon Component from Bean?
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:04:06 GMT
Dev at weitling napisaƂ(a):
>> Maybe I was not firm enough, I'm sure it works this way, see doSave():
>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/binding/ValueJXPathBinding.java?view=markup
>>

> :-) Did you write that code?
> I never would have had the idea to look there. The connection between
> Flowscript and Java is one of those Cocoon mysteries.

No, but was around Cocoon when this code has came into existence. Also
Eclipse's debugger is one of my best friends. I think connection between
JS and Java not so mysterious, take a look on this:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js?view=markup

It's the place where all happens.

>> I think you just should some object/relational persistence library
>> like Hibernate or OJB.
>> That's why I've said you are trying to reinvent the wheel. These
>> libraries do exactly what you ask for in elegant way.
>> My questions is, why haven't you chosen this kind of library from the
>> beginning and trying to implement theirs functionality instead?
>>

> Oh, I did. But yesterday, there wasn't a deadline hanging over me, oh I
> long for yesterday...
> And I'm not sure if it would really solve my problems. At the first it's
> increasing the complexity and the points my config could fail. I try to
> keep it simple and the number of my problems constant.

When you try to implement lazy loading in reliable way it will never be
simple, unfortunately. Hibernate's documentation is much better than
Cocoon's so you should give it a try. Useful link:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonAndHibernateTutorial
> Meet at the next Cocoon mystery, Thanks :)
No problem :)

--
Grzeogrz Kossakowski