cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Philippe GAUTHIER <philippe.gauth...@tolbiac.inserm.fr>
Subject [CForm] Help me to tune this design
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:52:27 GMT
Hi everyone, let me present u my usecase and the current design I
implemented with cocoon.
Then i'd like ur advises to correct some flaws.

Use case:
An application generated an xml files, they all have the same structure
but represent different kind of document (eventually there will be more
than 100 kinds but I'm working on ten for now).
I defined an xslt (pattern.xsl) file which can define what type of
document it is and what CForm should be called.
For each kind of document, I need a user to add information to the xml
for further processing, that's were i used CForm (and flows).

I'm pretty new at CForm and a technician with fewer knowledge of xml
and xslt will have to develop other forms.
So at first hand, I defined the CForm definition by an xslt
transformation based on the raw xml received previously and an xsl file
specific to the current form.
All CForm template files are obtained from another xslt file (common to
all types of document) from the previoulsy generated CForm definition
file.
All CForm binding files are obtained from another xslt file (common to
all types of document) from the previoulsy generated CForm definition
file.
For now, to process a new type of document, I just have to define a new
xsl file which will generate the definition file, so that's easy but
killing the JVM.

Well I guess, the main flaw is to have dynamic definition file, and I
should make them static.
But then I don't know how to change widget's labels and infer the
number of some widgets because they depends on input xml.
I guess only make the template depend (and binding should depends on
the xml) but plz give me some pointer to keep some dynamism. I'm kinda
lost when I look at the samples.
Thx for ur time.