cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lally Singh" <lally.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URLs in blocks?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:42:56 GMT
On 4/9/07, Lally Singh <lally.singh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/9/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> > Lally Singh napisaƂ(a):
> > > On 4/6/07, Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetschek@mindquarry.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks!  In either the  block: or servlet schemes, what'd I use for a
> > > connection name? my own block name?
> > >
> > > Also, where do I get a configured instance of CocoonSourceResolver?
> > >
> > > Thanks again for your help,
> > >

> > Sorry for delay, I've been little busy.
! Not at all, I'm really appreciative of all your help!

> > I wonder if using servlet scheme isn't little overkill? Is this data going to be
generated by Cocoon's pipeline or you
> > want just to read some configuration file?
A basic config file's all I'm looking to load here.  I might bridge it
to a versioned SVN resource later.

> > I guess it will be just static file, then you should put it either in META-INF subdirectory
or somewhere in COB-INF. If
> > you put it in COB-INF then you can just omit scheme and reference resource by using
relative to COB-INF directory path.
> > I'm not sure how to read data from META-INF directories.
> >
> > If you use servlet scheme and want to reference resource in your block then you
should not provide any name of connection.

> > Getting CocoonSourceResolver is the same like getting instances of other Spring
beans. I'm not sure about exact bean id,
> > but will tell you as soon as I find out.
>
> Wonderful!  A static text file is all I needed, and I put it in
> COB-INF.  As for the spring beans, are the standard cocoon bean names
> listed in
> /core/cocoon-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon.roles
> ? (I'm assuming some sort of avalon to Spring bridge)
>
> It's the only document in the SVN I could find with that text string.

Which also begs the question, where do I get the Spring context for
o.a.c.spring.configurator.WebAppContextUtils.getCurrentWebApplicationContext,
but that doesn't work, complaining about "No WebApplicationContext
found", which I suspect is probably b/c the WebAppContext isn't set up
yet (it's still loading up my beans).