cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <d...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Dynamic suggestion list
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 13:42:37 GMT
Hi Baptiste,

> I would like to have a dynamic suggestion list, e.g. the content of
> the list would be recovered from a database when the other fields of
> the CForms are changed.
> Is it possible for a widget to fire an event to the suggestion list
> and then changing the content of the list ?
> I just want to know if this is would take too much time for such a
> feature.

First please have a look at:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/selectionlists.html
According to the book "Cocoon 2 und Tomcat" from Stephan Niedermeier
there is another way via a Java class extending
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList.
Anyway, updating the selection list dynamically is not the problem. The
tricky part is getting access to the underlying model.

Any elegant ideas out there? (I need it, too :-)

Florian