cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jerome Benezech <jbenez...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: embedded eXist won't startup on Linux prod
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 10:41:00 GMT
Tried that. Still get the problem.
Servlet startup in my web.xml are as follow (and in
that order):
1) log4j
2) EXistServlet
3) DatabaseAdminServlet
4) cocoon

--- Kai Mütz <kmuetz@web.de> wrote:

> Try to start eXist during application startup by
> declaring the
> DatabaseAdminServlet in web.xml and starting in
> before Cocoon servlet, e.g.:
>
> <servlet>
>
> <servlet-name>DatabaseAdminServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.exist.http.servlets.DatabaseAdminServlet</servlet-cla
> ss>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>configuration</param-name>
>       <param-value>conf.xml</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>basedir</param-name>
>       <param-value>WEB-INF/</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>start</param-name>
>       <param-value>true</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>   </servlet>
>
> <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>Cocoon</servlet-name>
>     <display-name>Cocoon</display-name>
>     <description>Cocoon</description>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet</servlet-class>

http://domain.com/mywebapp/servlet/db/../resource.xml

> > After doing that, I can access my cocoon URL with
> no
> > problem. But this is off course not a viable
> solution
> > for a production environement.
> >
> > My prod environement is running on a shared Linux
> > account so I do not have control over the tomcat
> part.
> >
> > Any idea where this problem could come from ?
> > One big difference between dev and prod is of
> course
> > Linux permissions. I installed my app using my
> user
> > account but the web server is running as
> > tomcat:nobody. So I guess tomcat:nobody needs
> > permissions to some directories. I for now (to get
> > started until I find a better solution) gave full
> > permission (777) to the database and logs
> directories.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
> > Jerome
> >

> > Jerome Benezech