cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "bart remmerie" <remme...@gmail.com>
Subject cforms showForm and memory leaks: quick question
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 07:22:50 GMT
Dear all,

I'm rewriting some of my cocoon-code and I have the following question that
continues to bother me.

I use flow to show a cform (see code below), and I'm wondering if

I need to "terminate" each function in flow in a "clean" way to avoid memory
leaks (after the form.showForm(...) provide some action (redirect the user)

or is it perfectly possible to terminate such a function with the
form.showForm("myform-display-pipeline.jx"); (where the user redirects
her/himself using simple hyperlinks) ?

Is there any info available on this topic ?

function showMyForm(){
   var form=new Form("forms/myform_model.xml");
   form.createBinding("forms/myform_bind_bean.xml");
   form.load(myBean);
   form.showForm("myform-display-pipeline.jx");
}

In the past, I used to have a couple of submit widgets which could be used
to "redirect" the user after completing the form (these were included after
the form.showForm line:

if (form.getWidget().getSubmitWidget().getName().equals("add_record")){
        cocoon.redirectTo("/addNewRecord/");
}//end if
else ...

Thanks