cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject Re: re-design of sitemaps
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:59:28 GMT

On 6 Jun 2007, at 18:49, Geert Josten wrote:

>>> http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/sitemap/cocoon-sitemap-1.0.xsd
>> rvlet-service framework?
>
> Have you tried validating your own sitemaps to this XSD yet? It
> contains
> constructs that allow entry of unknown elements..

I tried a couple of sitemaps before I posted the original comment.
One of them was based on the sitemap delivered with Cocoon 2.1.9.
Both threw up errors (mainly unknown attributes).

I am aware that schemas can be written using the <any> element for
undefined or unknown content, but that seems a bit of a cop-out to
me. I don't know what the official adjective is for the class of XML
documents for which a complete and correct XML schema can be written:
let's use "x-able" as a place-holder. To the best of my knowledge,
the Cocoon sitemap is not x-able, and I think that inhibits the
development of useful tools for making Cocoon easier to use. (Perhaps
the SunBow or Lepido people could comment on that?)

Steve